Friday, October 10, 2008

Thing #19

The directions say to select one site. I had to contain my self to looking at 9 sites and then I had to stop. I could spend all day looking at the different sites. Two that I liked were for parents: MothersClick and Minti. They had areas where parents could pose questions and then people would answer. MothersClick had recipes that I found were useful but the site was mostly for mothers with young children. Minti had advice about older children also so I found that more helpful.

There was another site that was good called DonorsChoose.org. It's a site where teachers all over the United States can put in a request for an item for their classroom and the dollar amount and anyone can give money towards that item. It shows the total cost, how much has been given, and how much is needed. It also tells if it's a poverty level area or moderate poverty level. I found this helpful to teachers who are teaching in poverty level areas.

I also looked at Craig's List. I've heard of it but had never looked at it before. In North Dakota it's only for the Fargo-Moorhead area. I think they need to get Bismarck added. This is a very helpful site and it's amazing at how much it contains.

No comments: