Monday, October 6, 2008

Thing #16

Wikis are pretty cool. They allow libraries to share information with each other and their patrons. My favorite was the Book Lovers Wiki. If I'm looking for a book to read for pleasure, reading what an average everyday person thought about a book is much more important to me than reading professional book reviews. I think we should do this at BSC Library. We could create the Wiki and then have any employees that want to do a review of the book they just read or do a review of their most favorite book. That way, if we pick their book to read we know who we can contact after we're finished if we'd like to discuss the book.

3 comments:

Marlene Anderson said...

I just posted a great YouTube video called "Wikis in Plain English" to my blog. Take a look!

Marlene Anderson said...

I like your idea re: book reviews at BSC. Good thinking!

Liz Mason said...

That is a good idea.